Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Balota"

Considering the past issues of the Philippine elections, from the small time provinicial flying voters to the "hello garci" case... I have been wondering... being a Filipino citizen, is it still worth it casting you vote when you know that you are being cheated? Parang sa relasyon, if your spouse is obviously having an affair, you'd wonder...would it still be worth it to continue the marriage? As a Filipino, I am committed to my country, and  participating this coming elections is the littlest of things that I could do, I'd do it... BUT... is it still worth it? When our greedy politicians steal my small contribution to my motherland?

I don't mean to encourage people not to vote.... as a Filipino, an observant, this is how I feel, and sad to say but I have lost faith to the justice system in the Philippines... I feel for the poor families as they're the ones who are greatly affected.

Hay... Pilipinas!



Copyright Dianey Benitez 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment